Saturday, January 2, 2016

Oh Brave New World: January 2, 2016


Statue Named "Miranda" in Monk's House Garden
January 2, 1931

This is the turn of the tide.  The days are lengthening.  Today was fine from start to finish – the first one we have had, I think, since we came.  And for the first time I walked my Northease walk & saw the moon rise at 3, pale, very thin, in a pure blue sky above misty flattened fields, as if it were early on a June morning.
     Here are my resolutions for the next 3 months; the next lap of the year.
     First, to have none.  Not to be tied.
     Second, to be free & kindly with myself, not goading it to parties: to sit rather privately reading in the studio.
     To make a good job on The Waves.
     To care nothing for making money. . . .
     As for clothes, I think to buy good ones.
             
This morning Sandles brought Miranda, & she is now stood in her alcove.

No comments:

Post a Comment